Ajman University (AU) has earned a reputation as a top producer of the most capable and rigorous minds in the UAE and the region. Students from AU’s various engineering undergraduate programs in the UAE repeatedly take top honors at events and competitions, which has earned the engineering college vast recognition for academic excellence. All of AU’s engineering programs are accredited by the UAE’s Ministry of Education. The Bachelor of Science programs in Biomedical Engineering and Electrical Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, the global accreditor of college and university programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork
Students across AU’s engineering undergraduate programs in the UAE have won accolades due to their multidisciplinary teamwork. Electrical engineering students often work with biomedical and information technology students on projects that involve the latest in digital tech innovations. To help encourage, complement. and support these projects, AU is committed to investing in resources and programming.
- Choice of Programs
· AU’s Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering undergraduate programs in the UAE aim to equip students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for pursuing a successful professional career.
· The principal mission of the Bachelor of Science in Building Engineering and Construction Management is to prepare professionals to handle retrofit designing and construction management. Additionally, graduates of this program play a vital role in facility management, costing and estimation. They can pursue careers as quantity surveyors, building surveyors, estate managers, technical consultants, as well as offer appraisals and related services.
· The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering program offers a degree in computer engineering. The program gives students a balanced background in computer hardware, software, and networking technology. The curriculum includes general and specialized courses, field internships and senior graduation projects.
· On par with international academic standards, the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering offered by AU involves intensive study, as well as immersion in practical trainings through internships. The program subsequently allows for specialization in the final year in electronics and communication, or instrumentation and control, or power and renewable energy.
- Awards and Recognition
Students from the different undergraduate programs in UAE are winning accolades for their work, which has garnered international attention for the institution as well as the engineering students themselves.
A team of electrical engineering students recently developed smart assistive glasses for Alzheimer’s patients. The project works through an augmented-reality screen that performs basic-caregiver functions as a way to prolong the independence of early and middle stages dementia patients. The idea was highly acclaimed by judges and competitors alike, and earned a top prize in a competition at the 2019 Advances in Engineering Technology & Sciences Multi-Conferences in Dubai.
Earlier this year, three AU students took home highest honors in the UAE Hackathon for their concept, “VitaCAM,” a smartphone application that uses artificial intelligence to detect vitamin deficiencies in humans. Through photographic images of the eyes, lips,
tongue, VitaCAM evaluates a participant’s condition nails and issues a diagnosis. The three student inventors earned AED 50,000 in prize money for their potentially life-saving innovation.
At AU, students are always encouraged to go the extra mile. Tackling conceptual design and software challenges, engineering students, trained by experienced faculty, are inspired to apply their knowledge and develop tools that have the potential to help millions of people around the world.
To learn more about Ajman University’s engineering programs, get in touch via +971 6 748 2222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.